Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!!!


      I hope you all are ready to start a bright, shiny new year! I know I am looking forward to new challenges and lots of new quilts!

      When I look back on 2017, it looks like I didn't finish many large quilts, but I have a few that I spent a bunch of time on last year that are are nearly finished.

     Here is one I did finish completely in 2017 for an Etsy customer.


      I got all of the blocks for this remake done and ready to sew together:



     I did get this one all pieced and sent to Regina, my quilter.


      I am very excited about a new thing I am planning to add to this blog this week. I have been wanting to do it for ages. When I designed another Jacobs Ladder quilt a few years back, I became obsessed with all the different ways you could change the color, and twist the blocks around. So Much so that I ended up with well over 200 EQ drawings! You and I both know I will never, ever make all of those quilts, so I thought it might be fun to start posting some of those drawings up on this blog. Hopefully, it will inspire some of you to play with and share what can be done with this traditional, and extremely versatile block. 

     I love that the units are so simple! Just 4 patches, and half square triangles. Many steps are easily portable, for those times when you are sewing at a friends house, and some you can even do without bringing your sewing machine! 

     So that is how my 2018 is starting out. Hope yours is off to a lovely start. All the best to you in 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment